Winnipeg Free Press

Saturday, November 07, 1987

Issue date: Saturday, November 7, 1987
Pages available: 219
Previous edition: Friday, November 6, 1987

NewspaperARCHIVE.com - Used by the World's Finest Libraries and Institutions

Logos

About Winnipeg Free Press

  • Publication name: Winnipeg Free Press
  • Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
  • Pages available: 219
  • Years available: 1872 - 2025
Learn more about this publication

About NewspaperArchive.com

  • 3.12+ billion articles and growing everyday!
  • More than 400 years of papers. From 1607 to today!
  • Articles covering 50 U.S.States + 22 other countries
  • Powerful, time saving search features!
Start your membership to One of the World's Largest Newspaper Archives!

Start your Genealogy Search Now!

OCR Text

Winnipeg Free Press (Newspaper) - November 7, 1987, Winnipeg, Manitoba Shines for pm with solar win Australia Reuter an american won the worlds first Sola powered car race yesterday after completing the trip from Darwin to Adelaide in five the general motor developed which led the 20vehicle Fleet from the was Kilometres ahead of its nearest rival at the finish after averaging 72 Robert president of the american car was in Adelaide to Welcome his company whose development Cost is unofficially estimated at the equivalent of about million Sunray cers australian John said the age of solar powered production cars was still some Way despite the cars its a great leap but if youre suggesting were going to have a Sola powered car in next years production that wont happen and it May be another 20 he Switzerland spirit of Biel was fighting for second place with Model a photo Winnipeg free november 1987 19 in Broadens Access to nazi War crimes files i Driver John Harvey flashes a thumbs up sign after driving Sunray cer to s five eloped by Ford Model s look Over second spot the last car in the the Japa spirit of Biel was off the Road for but was said by race officials to be Nese entry Southern was 300 six hours thursday after an Acci Low on solar Battery Kilometres from United nations a the in Secretary general has announced broader Access by govern ments and individuals to nazi War crimes archives that have been virtually sealed for almost 40 a statement issued yesterday by Secretary general Javier Perez de Cuellar set out the ground rules giving More leeway to governments and individual researchers or others with government approval to investigate the individuals previously were barred from examining the files sealed after the second world Francois spokesman for the Secretary said the guidelines could also allow press Access to the about the new rules Are effective but Giuliani said it will take several Days to prepare the 17member in War crimes commission recommended last week that the files be made Avail Able on a broader basis to govern ments and for the first time to individuals affiliated with an institution of higher a research Centre or professional Eyal Arad press officer for the israeli said his government is pleased with the decision and will set up a fund for Access has been limited to governments on specific re quest in connection with investigation and prosecution of War under the new rules and proce the files and related papers also will be available to govern ments for research into and investigation of War the said charge and related papers will also be opened for Bona fide research by individuals into the history and work of the in War crimes commission and into War an application for Access Byan individual must be transmitted by the individuals government Mission to the United when Access is the individual researcher will be Able to review the requested files on the United nations has been the custodian of about confidential files on More than they have been stored in a manhat Tan office Days Only ;