Winnipeg Free Press (Newspaper) - July 3, 1997, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wimp free 199 Rottweiler to be destroyed after child severely mauled a Rottweiler that mauled a Bey last week will be destroyed tomorrow but no charges will be Laid against tote a Eity animal services spokesman said yesterday Ted a senior animal services said the dogs a woman signed it Over to Eity off legals shortly after the incident occurred june requesting it be this a Fol be Dole Tomei Fow because it must quarantined 10 Days including the Day of the attack to Check for he 140 stitches Turk said the owner Only acquired the dog a Little Over a week before the attack happened at an Aberdeen Avenue the believed to be two to three years want and it want known if it had rabies or other shots the Devin needed about 140 stitches to close wounds to his Devin had extensive plastic surgery and want discharged from Hospital until Turk said the boy went to the House with his grandmother and apparently went into the Yard to try and pet the which turned on me said it also appeared the Mother was watching although officials we rent Turk said there will be no charges because the animal was in an enclosed Yard and net running but the dog will be destroyed having shown a tendency to could do so he 3d Safeway food drug fresh frying Chicken limit one bag extra lean ground beef sold in the lib Chub 1wo hew York strip loin one pkg prices effective july 3 until closing july 1997 at All participating Canada Safeway we Reserve the right to limit sales to retail consumer some items May not be available at All All items while stocks actual items May vary slightly from some illustrations Are serving suggestions advertised prices do not include food drug applies Only to stores with store air Miles International loyalty management group Canada authorized in pure beef burgers or seasoned burgers per Box in the Box for Eye of the round roast Boneless pork Back ribs previously Frozen i bulk wieners regular or Barbecue cry voc Chicken legs Back attached Frozen sold in 5 pkg Box for ing cherries of Grade Agency officials in dark on Law Public sector pay reports missing by Aldo Santon City Hall reporter several agencies that receive hundreds of thousands of dollars from the City Are checking with their lawyers after they failed to Duce reports detailing the salaries paid to their employees who earned More than in the free press asked representatives of Winnipeg enterprises Winnipeg tourism the Winnipeg convention Centre and the Portage partnership for the not one of the agencies had prepared a in their representatives said they we rent aware they were required to do i was not aware of said Klaus president of Winnipeg the cites economic development Agency which received from the City last were looking into it based on your hundreds of Public sector including municipal school Persona care family service agencies and Crown corporations had until june 30 to release the which detail the remuneration and other benefits paid to employees and directors of boards which exceed produce report in a Little known Section of the new which was passed last year by the Filmon also requires any individual or group that operates not for profit and receives More than in total from one or More Public sector Agen to produce a the City issued its own report in Early May but spokesmen for the five which receive funding from the said they were in the dark about the new this is the very first Ive heard of said Klaus general manager of the Winnipeg convention which received million from the City in we Arent aware of it and were Hay ing our Legal counsel look into said a spokesman for tourism which received from the City last two of the the Portage partnership and Winnipeg disputed whether they Are subject to the a Forks spokesman said the it received from the City last year was for capital which would exempt it from the legis Winnipeg enterprises received More than million from the City last including debt payments and rebate of enterprises general manager Lary Neufeld said he didst know if the tax rebate would qualify As funding under the new a government spokesman said its the responsibility of third party individuals and groups to be aware that they Are subject to the new Law and to release the harbormaster May face search for new digs by Aldo Santin City Hall reporter Harbour master Joe pie Tracei could soon find him self without an office or facilities to store his boats and a confidential report from administration recommends that a exclusive option be Given to a firm that wants to convert Piet Raccus facilities into a restaurant and in not Happy with pie Tracei eighty per cent of my Calls Are within 1112 Miles of that and there is no other facility available to but if they want to move that not my the Harbour master facilities Are located in a converted Winnipeg Hydro pumping at the foot of James Avenue on the red the confidential a copy of which was obtained by the free notes that the Gatehouse might be willing to accommodate the Harbour master facilities on the same site but in a new building that might be doable but j cant see myself sharing space with a pie Traeci that just wont the existing building has More than of most of which is on the main the report goes to the fins Nee com Mittee for consideration tomorrow spokesman for Gatehouse could not reached for
;